Post by Wes Penre on Oct 6, 2018 3:07:56 GMT
Hello and Welcome!
The intention with this forum is to share information with each other that is "outside the box," with most emphasis on metaphysics, extraterrestrial interaction with humankind, and our spiritual growth. Here, we can learn more from each other and discuss certain subjects with like-minded; something we don't always have the opportunity to do in our everyday life. When a forum works the way it should work, it's an excellent place to expand our knowledge and our consciousness. Moreover, this forum is for paid members only. Only registered members can view and/or post on the Board. One of the advantages from this is a troll-free forum, where only sincere and dedicated members will interact.
We don't want to set too many rules, but there are some ground rules that we need to follow for everybody's comfort and safety. These rules are just common sense, but we need to address them.
1. Do your absolute best to keep on topic when you discuss things under a certain forum and when you create a new thread, in order to avoid confusion and to make it easier for others to find information. If we find a thread that doesn't belong in a certain category, we might move it to a category that's more appropriate to the subject, but I will also leave a notification about the move in the old category.
2. Most importantly - be respectful of each other and don't be rude or insulting. The famous "Golden Rule" applies here, too. Even if you don't agree with what another poster writes, respect that person's viewpoint. We all have the right to communicate what's on our minds, but in a civilized manner.
If Ariel and I find that someone is rude or try to deliberately malign me, Ariel, or other posters, we will address the issue with the person in a private memo, once or twice, to remind him/her of these ground rules. If the person keeps repeating the same, or similar, inappropriate behavior, the inappropriate post(s) will likely be deleted, and the person will be deleted and/or banned from the forum. The donation that has been made by this person, in order to participate, will not be refunded. Just use common sense, that's all.
If you find a poster being rude or otherwise insulting or inappropriate, send me a Report (see lower right corner of the post, where there's a button named "Report"), and we'll take a look at it to see if it needs to be addressed as per above. Reports are always anonymous, and only known to the Administrators (Wes Penre and Ariel Glad being the sole Administrators as of this writing. If more Administrators will be added in the future, the Board will be notified).
3. A member who gets deleted or banned can reapply for membership two months after the ban, if he or she wishes to, but if this person continues with the same or similar behavior as before the ban, I need to ban the person again, and he or she cannot reapply after that.
The proper way to reapply is to register again after two months and send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling me who he or she is, and I will approve the new membership, if appropriate. If the applicant wants to sign up with the same username as before the ban, he or she could let me know, and I will remove the ban on that particular username.
4. Any inappropriate advertisements, porn, or other similar intended offensive and disrupting posts, will be deleted immediately upon discovery and without further notice. Feel free to report such posts, so we can keep the forum clean with our combined efforts. When there are many people posting and Ariel and I are busy elsewhere, we might not notice everything that's happening.
5. Please avoid mass deleting of your own posts. This creates confusion in the threads because your particular contributions will disappear, but the replies to your comments will automatically remains on the Board. Thus, your comments will thereafter make no sense without your original post preceding them. It's perfectly fine to delete a post on rare occasion if you consider it necessary. A better way is to edit the post.
6. Users who make repeated abusive, disruptive, distracting, or otherwise inappropriate posts might be deleted without warning. Normally, a user gets a PM where the concerns are raised, so he or she has a chance to change the behavior (see Rule #2 above), but exceptions from this rule may apply at times, and a user could be deleted without being forewarned. This, however, is only in extreme cases.
7. To the best of your ability, try to create threads that you believe might be of interest to other members of the Board. Don't create topics that you know is of no interest to people on the forum because it's unrelated to what is otherwise discussed here (a blatant example would be to post something general about skateboarding when this forum usually discusses metaphysical topics. Just use common sense). Also, when possible, see if there are other threads that have already started discussing the topic you have in mind before you create your own thread. This is not always practical; particularly as the forum grows, which is fine. Posts can always be moved if they are in the wrong thread. If in doubt, by all means, do create a new thread.
8. The rules for this Forum are subjected to change (see most recent update day and time at the top of this post).
Other than that, have a lot of fun, and Ariel and I look very much forward to learning more and to see what everybody has to share.
Wes Penre and Ariel Glad, Administrators