Many people reading these 13 things will consider this hard to do. They will say:"That is easier said then done", and they are right. The fact is you don't have to do anything to make use of this information. It is all about 'not doing'. It is hard to not do something when doing it is a subconscious pattern that seems outside of your control. Before you can make use of this valuable information you will have to meticulously observe your behavior and recognize which of the 3 main habits are making your life miserable. Then take your energy out of them.
Here the list of all 13 habits that have the potential to keep us firmly into a victim state.
Mentally strong people don’t feel the World owes them anything
1. Stop feeling the world owes you anything
2. Stop feeling sorry for yourself
3. Stop resenting other people’s success
Mentally strong people don’t focus on things they can’t control
4. Stop wasting energy on things you can’t control
5. Stop dwelling on the past
6. Stop letting people’s opinion dictate your life
7. Stop worrying about pleasing everyone
Mentally strong people don’t make the same mistake over and over
8. Stop making the same mistake over and over
9. Stop shying away from change
10. Stop fearing calculated risks
11. Stop expecting immediate results
12. Stop giving up after the first failure
13. Stop fearing alone time (reflection time)
Being a victim can be very hard to shake because of us being unaware of the above 13 habits. You might, to some extent, become aware of them by reading about it but knocking them off requires self observation and perseverance.
When we take nr. 4. Stop wasting energy on things you can't control, how are we going to do that when our minds are constantly directed towards things we cannot control. Can we control our mind to a point that we can take our attention off things we cannot control? I belief we can. It is just a matter of directing our attention to things we can control. It takes conscious action to do this and to keep doing it until it becomes a habit. A good habit so to speak.
I see immens value in applying this information to my life. I don't want to just read about it. I want to do something with it. I belief it can be of great benefit.